Monday, August 13, 2012

... and here we go...

First let me put this out there as a warning...

THIS BLOG WILL NOT BE SAFE:
For Work
If you have sensitive feelings
If you have deeply held religious beliefs

Do yourself and me a favor and move on, nothing to see here.




I'm known to speak plainly and use words that your grandmother would say are not fit for polite company.

This is my first post here as I dip a toe in the world of blogging. It seems like these days everyone has a blog. Until now I never really thought I had anything to say that anyone would care about and hell I might not have anything to say that most people will give a damn about most of the time, so think of this as random babbling. I've always thought most blogs were opinion soap boxes and lacked real thought in their writing, but in the last few years I've come to realize that there are some very good blogs out there where the writers put real thought and time into what they write and post.

If you get a few minutes please take a look at a pair of political bloggers that I follow and listen to on their podcast...
The Professional Left.
Now I have no illusions about being as politically savvy, witty or creative as either Driftglass or his wife and fellow blogger BlueGal, but I'll probably put my two cents in on issues.

Some Background...

I'm a liberal thinking, smart assed, Atheist. I am NOT a rabid atheist and I won't try and convert you to atheism so please don't try and convert me. I have a BS in Computer Science and a minor in History, I'm a Science Fiction reader as well as Gamer and Comicbook Geek. I've been in a wheelchair all my life as a result of a genetic condition called Osteogenesis Imperfecta a.k.a. Brittle Bones disease. I'm an amateur cook so you'e likely to get me spouting about cooking as well as computers, the internet, science fiction and other stuff.

I've always been politically aware to some extent and have never missed a federal election since my first at 19 where I was an election judge, but mostly I knew which side of the political coin I was on. It's been the last 10 years or so where I got more deeply aware and active in researching who and what they stood for. I've also become involved in the disability advocacy community in the last few years so I'll have some opinions there as well.
So anyway...

I'm not sure how often I'll post, but I wanted to have a place I could put my thoughts out there...